We are a small business born out of Richmond's vibrant network of creativity and support. We're committed to giving back to those in the community who help others and make the lives of our citizens better and healthier. Since opening in June 2014, Ardent Craft Ales has collaborated with community organizations, contributed to important regional events, and partnered with other small local businesses. Whether donating to some of Richmond's largest events, hosting charity gatherings in the taproom, working with the Virginia Historical Society to celebrate and brew a 200-year-old beer, or inviting local crafters to Ardent for our annual holiday fair, we believe in finding strategic and meaningful ways to give back to our city.
DONATIONS + EVENT SUPPORT
We are committed to supporting nonprofit organizations within our distribution area of Central and Eastern Virginia through volunteering, merchandise donations (excluding beer), and sponsorships. Our three focus areas for charitable giving are:
- Humanitarian causes
- Environmental causes
Some of the organizations we have proudly supported include:
- Africa Community Exchange
- Anna Julia Cooper School
- Art on Wheels
- Center for Sports Leadership
- Children's Hospital Foundation
- Children's Museum of Richmond
- Church Hill Activities & Tutoring (CHAT)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Faison School for Autism
- Massey Cancer Center
- Museum District Association
- Peter Paul Development Center
- Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN)
- Tricycle Gardens
- Virginia Oyster Shell Recycling Program
- Visual Arts Center of Richmond
If you would like Ardent to support your organization, please read the following guidelines carefully and submit your application through our online form.
- Applications for event sponsorship must be submitted at least 2 months in advance. Applications for merchandise donations and/or volunteers must be submitted at least 4 weeks in advance. Any requests received after these timelines will be denied.
- Your organization must be located within our service area of Central and Eastern Virginia, and must meet one of our three focus areas—humanitarianism, education, or environmentalism.
- In the Commonwealth of Virginia, beer donations are illegal. If you wish to have Ardent beer for your event, you must purchase it through the proper distribution source: Brown Distributing for Central Virginia, or Chesbay Distributing for Eastern Virginia.
- Any approved organization is limited to one donation within a 12-month period.
- Ardent reserves the right to accept or deny any requests for volunteers, donations, and/or sponsorships.
- All requests must be submitted through the online form. Any requests received through other channels (email, phone, in person) will not be fulfilled.
- Ardent receives many requests for donations and sponsorships from many great organizations throughout our service area. Although we would love to be in a position to fulfill all requests, we simply don’t have the capacity. If your request follows our guidelines, we will review your application and respond as soon as we can.
Have an event idea? Want to work together on an event, promotion, or community activity? We are happy to discuss ways Ardent can support your effort or organization. Please email email@example.com with your ideas.
There is a tremendous amount of great work being done in our community by nonprofit organizations. We are proud to support them through our monthly Philanthro-Pint Nights in the taproom, which will launch in spring 2016. On the first Tuesday of every month, beginning at 4 p.m., we will donate a portion of every beer sold to a selected local nonprofit that we think is making a big difference. We'll also invite the featured organization to come out and have some fun sharing their story! Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for Philanthro-Pint Night partners.